Hot Pot with Jack Straw
We have been invited by Blackburn Youth Zone to an:
exclusive ‘Hot Pot With Jack’ evening at The Clog and Billycock, Thursday 6th July 2017 6:30pm.
Blackburn Youth Zone’s Chairman, Rt Hon Jack Straw will be hosting this event. He’ll be highlighting, as objectively as he can:
- Why most predictions on the election (including by Jack Straw himself) were wrong;
- What the hung Parliament will mean for British politics
- The serious challenges ahead, especially on Brexit, the British economy, and terrorism
Jack will introduce these topics briefly, and there will then be a great opportunity for free-flowing discussion.
Rt Hon Jack Straw was one of three longest serving Labour Cabinet Ministers in history – alongside Gordon Brown and Alastair Darling – which makes Jack the longest serving English Labour Cabinet Minister and is the longest serving MP for Blackburn. Jack held two of the three “Great Offices of State” (Home Secretary and Foreign Secretary) and was then Lord Chancellor and Lord Privy Seal in between (as Leader of the Commons). He also worked as a Special Adviser in the last minority government (1974-77)
Tickets are £25pp which includes:
- Reception drink on arrival
- Nigel Haworth’s Lancashire Hot Pot and Pickled Red Cabbage, plus dessert
- A copy of Jack Straw’s book – Last Man Standing. Memoirs of a Political Survivor
The Clog and Billycock have very kindly agreed for us to have exclusive use of their venue and places are on a first come first served basis. If you are interested please purchase your tickets from Eventbrite and for more information please contact Laura Phelan direct on 01254 292000 or laura.phelan.
We look forward to seeing you there.